My favorite thing about warmer weather is being able to get outside with family and friends. When I came across The Tiptoe Fairy DIY sidewalk foam paint, I knew it was something I needed to try. My toddler and I had a blast making it, and my husband had even more fun helping us paint with it. Soon, the whole neighborhood was outside with us creating sidewalk art! We had all of the ingredients around the house; it took no time at all to whip up a batch, and clean-up was quick and easy.
- Two 4 oz. bottles of washable school glue
- 1 cup white flour
- 4-5 cups plain white shaving foam (1 can is enough)
- Food coloring drops
- 1 gallon-sized plastic zipper bag
- Sandwich-sized plastic zipper bags (1 per color)
- Optional: plastic squirt bottles
- Add 1 cup flour to a gallon-sized plastic bag.
- Pour both bottles of washable school glue in with the flour.
- Spray 4-5 cups of shaving foam into the bag.
- Seal the bag and knead for a few minutes until all the ingredients are thoroughly mixed.
- Cut the corner of the gallon bag and squirt into the sandwich bags. Divide the bags up according to how many colors you plan to make. (We made 6 colors.)
- Squirt 10 or more drops of one food coloring into each bag.
- Knead the individual bags until the foam is completely colored.
- If you want to use plastic squirt bottles: snip off a corner of each bag and fill the bottles. If you wish to keep the foam in the bags, snip off a tiny corner and use as is.
- Begin creating your sidewalk art! When finished, spray the paint off with water. It should come off easily.