Thanksgiving is all about gratitude, family, food and spending quality time with those we love. This fun Turkey Centerpiece craft incorporates all of those things! My toddler and I spent time tracing our hands on different colored pieces of paper and designing our perfect turkey down to the bow around his neck. She and I are making several of these for our Thanksgiving feast. We plan to fill the ones on the adult table with dinner rolls and the ones on the kids’ table with rolled up coloring pages and crayons, for easy entertainment. This gobbler is sure to be a hit on any holiday table, no matter what you choose to fill it with!
Assorted colored construction paper
Brown paper bag
• Trace your hand (or your child’s hand) on several colors of construction paper and cut out for feather shapes.
• Roll down the top of your paper bag 3-4 times.
• Glue feathers to the back of the paper bag.
• Cut out wings, head and pilgrim hat from construction paper and glue to the front of the paper bag.
• Use a red pipe cleaner or red paper to create the turkey’s wattle.
• Create as many as you want and fill with pinecones, candy, rolls, kid activities, etc.