As we all know, nutrition is the cornerstone to health and wellness and, what you eat affects you tremendously. What we may not know is that there doesn’t have to be too many sacrifices made to maintain healthy eating habits. Yes, it can be fun and tasty! At A2 Fitness Professionals we believe that moderation supersedes restriction thus, we try to keep our menu interesting by changing it just as the seasons. This month we’d like to introduce to you our fall vegetable fajitas. We hope you enjoy them!
Fall Vegetable Fajitas
- 3 tbsp. chili lime hot sauce
- 2 tsp. vegetable oil
- 1 tsp. dried marjoram, crushed
- 8 oz. boneless beef chuck eye steak, cut into very thin slices
- 1 medium size zucchini, halved lengthwise and sliced
- 1 green sweet pepper, cut into strips
- 1/2 large red onion sliced
- 6-8 inch flour tortillas
- 2 tbsp. snipped fresh cilantro
- 1/8 tsp. black pepper
- sour cream, salsa, cilantro sprigs (optional)
- In a large shallow dish, combine hot sauce, oil. marjoram. Add beef, zucchini, sweet pepper and red onion, toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for two hours, tossing once. Drain.
- Preheat charcoal or gas grill over medium high heat. Add meat and vegetables to grill basket. Grill covered for 8-10 minutes, stirring once, until meat is browned. Remove from grill. Place tortillas on grill grates and cook for 1 minute, turning once.
- Divide meat and vegetables among tortillas. Sprinkle with cilantro and black pepper. Top with sour cream, salsa and cilantro sprigs, if desired. Serve immediately.
Makes 6 servings.
Per serving: 254 calories, 11 grams of fat, 25 mg cholesterol, 598 mg sodium, 27 grams carb, 12 grams protein.