For Mother’s Day, what better way to show your appreciation for all that mom does than a handmade gift… or should I say finger-made? Sure jewelry is lovely and a trip to the spa is always well deserved, but there is nothing like a hand-made gift to show mom your truly care. This project is one that I made in elementary school and it was such a hit that my mom still has it to this day. Simple, it only needs a few supplies and is sure to tug on the heartstrings.
- Construction Paper
- Paint Brush
- Picture Frame
▪ Choose background paper, black is recommended to make the other colors pop.
▪ Choose vase paper and fold the piece in half, hot dog style
▪ Draw a vase shape on the paper and cut out
▪ Unfold the vase (the creased edge will end up being the middle of the vase)
▪ Glue vase to background, a glue stick works best
▪ With a paintbrush, paint stems coming from the vase
▪ Dip the thumb and/or pointer finger in the paint of choice and place finger next to the stem in order to create the fingerprint petals.
▪ With paint or a colored pencil write a message and the year
▪ Let dry and frame