- Craft paint (orange, black and green if you’re making a jack-o-lantern)
- Kitchen foil or newspaper to paint the seeds on
- Paint brushes
- Roasted pumpkin seeds
Note: To roast your pumpkin seeds: remove the seeds and rinse off any pumpkin pulp. Cover a baking sheet with foil and spread the seeds over the sheet. Bake at 400 degrees for 45 minutes until dried. Allow to cool completely before using for this craft project.
- Choose your Halloween picture. Will you create a jack-o-lantern, a ghost, a skeleton?
- Place the roasted pumpkin seeds on the foil and paint enough seeds in the correct colors. For example, if you choose to create a jack-o-lantern pumpkin you will need a lot of orange seeds, and a few black and green.
- Allow the paint to dry for about 30 minutes. While the seeds dry you can sketch out your art on the paper with a pencil.
- Paint over the design lightly with glue and begin placing the painted seeds to fill it in.