Where do you go on those cold, gray days when you have high-energy kids and an hour or more to spare? Or when you’re hosting the entire class for an epic birthday bash? Or when you want to add some fresh excitement to an ordinary school night and make legendary memories as a family?
The answer to all of the above is Urban Air in Commerce Township. Located at 3010 Union Lake Road, the newly minted 55,000-square-foot indoor adventure park is packed with attractions for kids of all ages. Think trampolines, ball pits, climbing walls, obstacle courses, bumper cars, go-karts, ziplines, laser tag and virtual reality arenas, etc. The goal? To ensure that your child has a blast while they test the limits and challenge their body and mind in a clean, safe environment.
After checking in, your child will receive a wristband and special non-slip Urban Air socks. (Note: Personal socks are not permitted.) From there, they’ll be able to “choose their own adventure,” moving from one attraction to the next as long as they meet the minimum height requirements. Court Monitors are also present throughout the park to help your child strap in and ensure that proper safety protocols are being followed at all times.
Specific attractions vary by location, but here are some of the many thrills you can expect to find at Urban Air in Commerce Township.
- Flip and Spin Zone Bumper Cars – Consider this the ultimate bumper cars experience. Hop into your new ride and zip, spin, and flip to your heart’s content all around the neon-lit arena. Just don’t forget to brace for impact as other drivers head your way!
- Virtual Reality – Strap on a headset and step into an immersive fantasy world, where the challenges range from fighting dragons to slinging snowballs and collecting coins. This attraction is perfect for gamers of all ages and skill levels.
- Go-Karts – Make like your favorite Mario Kart character or F1 driver and put pedal to the metal on Urban Air’s go-kart track. You can expect tight turns, straightaways, downward slopes and other features that will get your heart racing.
- Laser Tag – Stealth Mode: Engaged. Slip past the opposing team in a dark, smoky obstacle course to reach your target or take out other players. You can assemble a group of friends or go at it alone.
- Sky Rider – You can finally see what it’s like to fly thanks to Urban Air’s Sky Rider. A Court Monitor will strap you in, then send you soaring through the air above all the attractions. All you have to do is hold onto the ropes and enjoy the ride.
- Battle Beam – Did someone say “jousting”? Grab a foam bar and a family member or friend and hop onto the Battle Beam to see who can stay upright. Fair warning, though, you both might just end up in the foam pit and in fits of laughter!
- Warrior’s Course – A favorite among employees, the Warrior’s Course invites you to test your speed, strength and agility over four different levels. Expect to scale tilted walls, leap across uneven platforms, grab hanging rings, and land in the ball pit down below.
When you’ve had your fill of fun and need to catch your breath, you can visit the café for hot pizza and other refreshments.
Urban Air is open seven days a week, with tickets starting at just $11.99 for ages 5 & under or $25 for a Playday Pass. You can also snag a monthly membership starting at $11.99.
For more information, visit urbanair.com/michigan-commerce-township.
3010 Union Lake Road, Commerce Township. 248.619.6499.
Hours: Mon – Thurs, 8 a.m. – 4 p.m. Friday, 12 p.m. – 8 p.m., Saturday, 10 a.m. – 9 p.m., Sunday, 11 a.m. – 7 p.m.